I recently read about a pledge to read 50 books in 2011 (see #bookpledge on twitter.)
This has been a slow book reading year for me, but here —in no particular order—is what I remember reading so far:
- Michigan Curiosities by Burcar and Taylor — wonderful research for off-the-beaten-path destinations.
- Predictably Irrational by Ariely — I’m not big on non-fiction reading, but this was awesome. Can’t wait to read the next one.
- My Horizontal Life by Handler — interesting, but I’m really glad I’m not her
- The Help by Stockett — meh. I enjoyed parts of it, but less when I read the very end and about the author. The movie is probably better.
- In the Woods by French — No. There was potential but it wasn’t met. I wouldn’t recommend this book to anyone.
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics — second read. I enjoy the way this book was written, it’s a wonderfully unique approach. The story is good, not fabulous, but keeps my attention.
- Packing for Mars by Roach — fascinating look at being an astronaut. I’ll pass on that honor.
- Little Bee by Cleave — pretty good.
- The Magicians by Grossman — loved it. can’t wait to read the next one.
- Island of the Sequined Love Nun — very good and funny. Will read more by this author
- Pest Control — this was pretty good, I’ll try some more of his books
- Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow — fantastic!
- LIttle Brother by Cory Doctorow — another fabulous read.
more to add later…
First attempt at books on tape:
Stories I only Tell my Friends by Rob Lowe. I enjoyed the story and his voice, but listening to books is just not my thing.
On my new Kobo!:
HTML5 for web designers
CSS 3 for web designers